What it takes to be a Blogger

This is my last blog post of Spain... womp womp! I'm so sad to see it go, but I am so happy that I will be back in an airplane in another month! I loved this trip and I am so happy I get to share all of my experience through the blog! 

While I admit I am not the most amazing blogger, there are a ton of tips and tricks I have learned along the way. To be honest I am not ready to share a lot of those because that gives my blog a little edge, but there are a few basic things I would tell any girl who wants to start a blog. I honestly have had a few girls come to me and ask how to start a blog, and while I always want to be helpful, it took me a while to learn the things I did and while this hobby is pretty fun, I would want them to be more serious about it before I fully help them. 



Some things to keep in mind:

1. Time : this biggest one honestly because you need the time to shoot for a post, edit the pictures, come up with what it will be about, write it out, and set a schedule. Being consistent is a huge key to being a good blogger!

2. Creativity : I honestly lack creativity! I like to copy a lot of different girls and just try to keep with my personal aesthetic which is honestly just to add color to my blog. Keeping up with creative content makes people want to keep seeing what you have to share.

3. Money : Okay this isn't a necessity, but if you are a fashion blogger, keeping up with trends is a necessity! I have a few pieces in my closet that I have not worn since making a post. When I buy new pieces though I get them not just for the blog, but also because I would love to wear them and I am feeding my online shopping addiction. Buying a few new pieces every month is a must for new content! 

4. Drive : You have to keep going and not give up. So many bloggers just fade out and start up without keeping up with it. While that is good for bloggers like me who stick with it, it is not how to go about blogging! Also I am very Type A so getting things done and being methodical about it is just in my personality. This helps me, but definitely keep going and push through the bloggers block!









Denim Skirt : Forever 21 // Lace Top : (similar

Share:

18 comments

  1. These were great tips! I think the toughest one for me is staying motivated sometimes. It's like being your own boss - your blog is only as good as the time you put into it!

    http://michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree! Motivation can definitely be tough!

      Delete
  2. Some people just have no idea how much effort and time it really takes. Definitely a lot of work but so worth it if you enjoy it =)

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much effort! But I totally love it!

      Delete
  3. Such a cute top <3 Being a blogger is definitely harder than it looks, and you really only know what goes into it all after you take the plunge and be one.

    http://www.ticketforadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! That is so true! I love the top as well, so comfy!

      Delete
  4. So true! It takes creativity & drive, which helps to stand out amongst the crowd. :]

    // itsCarmen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true, so true.
    Lovely Points and I can relate to most of them!
    For me it's really hard to always be motivated and work on a daily base...
    to always post Pictures, write entries and so on.
    btw. I totally love this look.

    with love your AMELY ROSE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it can be a struggle! Glad you like it!

      Delete
  6. Love the look girl especially that skirt! As for your tip, I don't think you need to buy new clothes all the time to produce new content. There are lots of ideas you can try to mix up existing pieces in your wardrobe :)

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And I agree, that's why I said it wasn't a necessity but it does feed my online shopping addiction haha!

      Delete
  7. I realized even amateur bloggers have a lot of advice to offer to people interested in starting. Great thoughts!

    Sincerely, Jennie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone can give good advice, no matter what level you are Jennie.

      Delete